Please use the search to find another job.
- Location: Widnes
- Salary: £9 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 22/09/2020
Contract: Temp - permanent
Location: Widnes Based - Travelling Nationally
Pay Rate: £9.00 p/hr
Hrs :- Tuesday - Saturday (days)
Our client, a well-established Widnes based company are looking for an experienced Installation/Van Driver, who can work under own initiative, understands the importance of customer service and has the ability to be flexible to meet the needs of our business.
Full training is given for this role.
You will be completing all tasks and duties nationally, this will include the overnight stays away from home as needed.
As the Installation/Van Driver, your responsibilities will be :-
- Carrying out routine vehicle checks
- Loading product onto the van
- Using a forklift and other equipment such as a compactor
- Making sure that the load is correctly placed and is secure
- Driving vehicles to their destination
- Unloading product and installing into customer homes
- Demonstrating the product to the customer to enable use
- Collecting payments and issuing receipts
- Maintaining a log book with details of trips, including rest breaks on long trips
- Maintaining excellent customer service
- Taking in deliveries to the warehouse as required
- Conducting repairs on existing customer products as required.
The successful Installation/Van Driver will have the following skills and experience :-
- Have at least 2 years experience as a delivery driver
- Over 25 years old (for insurance purposes)
- Must hold a full UK driving licence with no more than 3 points.
- Must reliable, punctual and a self-motivated individual.
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic.