- Location: Runcorn
- Salary: £12.76 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 06/05/2021
Salary/Rate: 12.76 p/h PAYE
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off 19:00-07:00
Location: Preston Brook
Contract: Temporary on going
Start date: ASAP
A well established Distribution brand based in Runcorn, Preston Brook industrial estate, is seeking a HGV Shunter to join its team. This site has a large production/warehouse facility and a transport and logistics function.
In this role, you will ensure the cleanliness of the transport yard, conduct vehicle preparation for deliveries and shunt vehicles when required. The successful applicants will be working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern of 19.00 - 07.00 hrs, which includes weekends and bank holidays.
As the Shunter, your duties will be to:
1. Control the movement of vehicles within the yard ensuring the correct vehicles are available for loading and loaded vehicles are removed from the bays in a timely manner.
2. Support Drivers in the unloading of vehicles when required.
3. Undertake housekeeping duties within the yard.
To be a successful Shunter you will have the following skills and experience:
1. Previous experience working in vehicle preparation
2. Class 1 or 2 HGV licence, CPC and a Tacho card OR hold a valid shunters licence(in house will be accepted). Full training will be given.
3. Good communication skills.