- Location: Runcorn
- Salary: £12.76 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 11/01/2022
Salary/Rate: 12.76 p/h PAYE
Hours of work: Any 5 shifts out of 7 working on days as well as nights within the same week- 07.00-19.00 and 19.00-07.00, breaks paid.
Location: Preston Brook,Runcorn
Contract: Temporary on going
Start date: ASAP
A well established Distribution brand based in Preston Brook, Whitehouse industrial estate, is seeking an experienced HGV Shunter to join its team. This site has a large production/warehouse facility and a transport and logistics function.
In this role, you will ensure the cleanliness of the transport yard, conduct vehicle preparation for deliveries and shunt vehicles when required.
As the Shunter, your duties will be to:
1. Control the movement of vehicles within the yard ensuring the correct vehicles are available for loading and loaded vehicles are removed from the bays in a timely manner.
2. Support Drivers in the unloading of vehicles when required.
3. Undertake housekeeping duties within the yard.
To be a successful Shunter you will have the following skills and experience:
1. Previous experience working in vehicle preparation.
2. Class 1 HGV/LGV licence, CPC and a Tacho card. Full training will be given.
3. Good communication skills.