Class 1 LGV C+E HGV 1
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £10.5 - £14.25 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 15/11/2017
Pertemps are currently recruiting for an ongoing position for Class 1 LGV C+E HGV 1 Drivers based at one of Birmingham's largest container yards. The role would involve working a minimum 40 hours per week start times between 16:00 - 19:00. The role will involve driving day cabs around the terminal setting up trailers for the day men. Experience in shunting/reversing would be advantageous but not essential. Depending on operational requirements there may be odd trips on the road to cover sickness or additional collections from customers or docks.
Requirements for successful Class 1 LGV C+E HGV 1 Driver:-
- Must hold a valid C+E Licence
- Have a valid digital tachograph and DQC card
- Have no more than 9 points for min or offences, DD, DR or IN endorsements are not accepted for insurance purposes
- Experience with Skeleton trailers and containers is beneficial but not essential.
Class 1 LGV C+E HGV 1 Drivers will receive pay rates of:
£10.50 Per hour PAYE Minimum 8 hours paid
£14.25 Per hour for any work over 8 hours per shift.
Self Employed drivers also welcome.
All Pertemps Class 1 LGV C+E HGV 1 Drivers benefit from the following:
- 28 days paid annual leave
- Access to pension
- Guaranteed Hours Contract of Employment
- On the job training
- CPC training
- Weekly pay each Friday by bacs
- Dedicated local Transport Consultant
- Out of Hours contact available
Please apply online, and one of our Driving Team will contact you immediately to arrange a registration alternatively call your local Pertemps branch on 0121 456 4555 or email Birminghamdrivers@pertemps.co.uk we can make appointments to fit around you from early in the morning to weekends.