Please use the search to find another job.
- Location: Sutton Coldfield
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 19/07/2017
The job is based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, covering 24 hours a day, and as such you would ideally have your own transport (though there is one bus that serves reasonably locally). Ideally you will be flexible and able to work both the 0600 - 1800 shift as well as the 1800 - 0600 shift. This will help cover leave etc.
The salary will be up to £21k.
The successful Transport Operator will:
- Support the work of the transport office in terms of planning, to maximise vehicle usage and ensure client service level agreements are met.
- Accurately input and progress data within in-house computer systems to ensure real-time information is available re all planned loads and deliveries.
- Debrief drivers.
- Conduct trailer reporting on a daily basis.
- Support the Planning and Customer Services teams with enquiries.
- Play a key part in ensuring vehicle defect procedures and standards are met, including carrying out hands on inspections of vehicles and conducting minor repairs such as bulb changes, fuse swaps and other small ad-hoc maintenance jobs.
The successful Transport Operator will have the following skills and experience:
- Sound analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent and fast decision making skills.
- Experience of working on a team and ability to work alone, unsupervised.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated.
- Proven planning skills
- Computer skills.
- Great communication skills, written and verbal.
- Flexibility with regards to working weekends, bank holidays and shifts, due to the 24/7 nature of the business.
- Experience from a transport administration environment and knowledge of customs requirements and working time legislation is desirable but not essential.
The salary is negotiable up to circa £21,000 depending on skills and experience. There are benefits available for working for this client, including share and pension schemes, childcare vouchers, retail discount schemes and more. You also have the chance to work for a market leading global company with the option of progression. The job offers the chance to learn about the transport industry and pursue internal opportunities to move to other depots in the Midlands or within the team at a later date.
So, are you an organised administrator who can think on your feet? Do you have the ability to make decisions effectively and quickly? Are you looking to work in a Transport environment, where you will have the opportunity to deputise for your Transport Shift Manager and learn more about the transport business? Are you as happy with the idea of being outside in the transport yard checking vehicles for defects and fixing some of them yourself as you are with being at a desk planning loads? And are you as happy planning loads as you are reacting to sudden changing demands of the business and re-doing all of your previous planning? Then apply now!
Please email your CV to Claire.Male@Pertemps.co.uk or call Claire Male at Pertemps Industrial Division, Birmingham, on 0121 456 4555 to discuss.