Please use the search to find another job.
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £23400 - £25400 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 09/07/2019
This is a large, successful refrigeration manufacturing plant with an excellent reputation in custom-made cold-store units. They are seeking somebody on a long-term basis, with plenty of opportunity to work overtime both throughout the week and during the weekend. The Pipe Fitter/ Brazier must come with a minimum of 12 months experience in brazing, welding, pipe manipulation, soldering or sub-assembly.
Daily responsibilities of the Refrigeration Brazier will include:
- Use of pipe cutting and bending tools in order to form copper pipe structures to specification
- Reading technical drawing and replicating them with measuring tools i.e. vernier, calipers and measuring tapes
- Liaising with the assembly department in order to assist with fitting the cooling units / refrigeration condenser evaporators
- Use of a blowtorch fuelled by oxy acetylene in order to fuse pipe valves together
In turn, the company will offer a rate of between £10 and £12.00 per hour with opportunity to earn an overtime premium of time plus one half for any hours worked over the weekend. Nights may attract a rate of up to £13 per hour. Overall these wage offerings equate to a year one salary of £24,000 per annum.
The successful candidate for the Pipe Fitter/ Brazier position will also receive free parking as well as a canteen.
Hours of work: 0600- 1400 / 1400- 2200 (weekly rotation)
In order to be successful in this position, candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Familiar with the duties required of a Pipe Fitter/ Brazier, particularly with copper materials (however experience on other metals will still be considered)
- Comfortable with using a range of hand tools and pipe tools
- Good understanding of health and safety practice, as candidates will be required to work alongside and operate naked flame torches
- If brazing has not been undertaken, then experience in TIG welding or silver-soldering would be highly advantageous
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for the Refrigeration Brazier vacancy, please click below to apply.