- Location: Rotherham
- Salary: Between £38K & £40K plus shift allowance £2.4K.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 26/04/2018
The role will encompass not only vehicle/trailer maintenance but also cryogenic and pressure systems maintenance, working within a small team of Mechanics.
As the LGV Mechanic your duties will include:
- General Servicing of a full fleet ranging from 10 - 44ft vehicles
- Diagnostics & Repairs
- Preventative Maintenance
- Order parts and complete works service paperwork
The successful candidate must:
- Have a proven personal safety record
- City & Guilds, NVQ's or equivalent qualifications in LGV vehicle maintenance
- Hold a LGV (C+E) driving licence
- Be a good communicator and have a flexible approach to working times
- Have a thorough knowledge of the LGV tester's manual
- Be committed to the highest standards of safety
- Have ability to work on own initiative and take pride in their work
Also desirable: (Training can be provided to the right candidate)
- Hold an ADR driver's licence covering class 2 (in tanks)
- Familiar with MAN/DAF vehicles and Wabco/Haldex braking systems
- Demonstrate a logical approach to diagnostics and fault finding
This role requires some flexibility in working hours, working on a rota hours are between 0600 and 2100, 40 hours per week.
The position is to start immediately following a successful interview with the client.
In return the client is offering excellent terms and conditions, competitive salary (starting between £38K - £40K plus shift allowance £2.4k on top depending on experience) and company pension scheme.