Please use the search to find another job.
LGV C+E Driver
- Location: Normanton
- Salary: £17.00 - £19.96 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 12/11/2019
As the largest supplier of LGV C+E Drivers to Royal Mail we are looking for drivers to work directly from the Yorkshire Distribution Centre based in Wakefield. This is primarily trunking work delivering to various UK mail depots and mail centres throughout the country.
As a LGV C+E Driver your duties will be to:
- Deliver live mail to various Royal Mail RDCs throughout the UK in a safe and timely manner;
- Adhere to all health & safety procedures accordingly;
- Maintain high standards of practice when carrying out your daily duties.
- Carry out relevant vehicle checks and record daily paperwork accurately.
The Royal Mail peak period is from 4th Nov 19 to 19th Jan 20 and is for work based on full time hours with various shifts available on days / afters and nights with start and finish times to suit individual circumstances as well as regular weekends.
In return you will receive;
- Days from £17.00 - £17.84 per hour
- Afters and Nights from £17.63 - £19.54 per hour
- Overtime paid after 36.25hrs at £19.96 per hour
- Minimum daily hours guaranteed during peak period
- Paid Assessments
- Enhanced rates for Self Employed drivers
To be a successful LGV C+E Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Hold a valid LGV C+E licence ideally with a minimum of 2yrs experience or attend a Pertemps driver assessment if you don't meet this requirement - for insurance purposes;
- A driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points and free of endorsements such as DD's, DR's, MS90s or IN10s.
Applicants applying for the LGV C+E Driver positions must be available to start the process as soon as possible. Full CRB security vetting is required to work for Royal Mail and will be completed at the registration process. There will be a full induction process including a driving assessment prior to commencement.