Class 2 Day Drivers (HMPS Contract, Worksop Area)
- Location: Worksop
- Salary: £11.00 - £17.00 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 16/09/2020
Duties will include:
- 1-3 Drops/Collections a day MAX
- Very minimal handballing.
- Use of Totes & Dollies on wheels & may use Pump trucks occasionally
- A safety first approach to driving and ensuring loads are safely secured.
- Completing daily delivery paperwork and log books.
Immediate starts available providing driving assessments are passed, Various shifts patterns (Between 04:00-13:00) Weekend Work days only no afternoons.
Skills & Experience:
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers.
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods.
- Making sure loads are safely secured.
- Following traffic reports and changing your route if necessary.
- Completing delivery paperwork and log books.
- Follow Security rules at Prisons.
Drivers Skills and experience:
- Hold a Class C licence with a minimum of 6 months class 2 driving experience or attend a Pertemps driver assessment & training course - for insurance purposes;
- A driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points and free of endorsements such as DD's, DR's or IN10s.
- Possession of an OPS 35 (DHL) assessment is desirable and would be advantageous.
The salary is very competitive, the hourly pay rates start from:
- Days £11.00- £14.00
- Nights £13.00 - £14.00
- Overtime after 8hrs & Weekend enhancement between £13.00 - £17.00. (These rates are based on the first 12 weeks) Pay Parity after 12 weeks for PAYE drivers
Please call Pertemps Sheffield and ask for Becky or Matt in the Driving Division