Class 1 Driver
- Location: Sheffield
- Salary: £12.00 - £17.00 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 02/10/2020
Pertemps have an exciting opportunity for LGV C+E Drivers to work at a National Distribution Centre situated in Bradford but Collecting Unit only from Sheffield then going solo to Bradford to collect a trailer. You will be working on behalf of our client who specialise in the logistics industry and are global leaders in their field. Drivers will be required to transport ambient & chilled products to RDCs & stores throughout the home county's.
C+E Drivers duties will include:
- Trunking between depot and RDCs.
- A safety first approach to driving and ensuring loads are safely secured.
- Completing daily delivery paperwork and log books.
Immediate starts available upon completion of a successful driving assessments.
Shift start times are Between 17:30-18:00 Shifts Lengths are between 10-12hrs.
C+E Drivers you will undertake the following tasks:
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers.
- Making sure loads are safely secured.
- Very Minimal handballing required if any it will be cage work.
- Box or Container trailers
- Following traffic reports and changing your route if necessary.
- Completing delivery paperwork and log books.
- C+E Drivers will possess:
- A valid LGV C+E entitlement with a minimum of 6 months experience or attend a Pertemps driver assessment & training course - for insurance purposes;
- A driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points and free of endorsements such as DD's, DR's or IN10s.
- Possession of an OPS 35 assessment is desirable and would be advantageous.
- In return the LGV C+E Drivers salary is very competitive and start from:
PAYE Monday to Friday Nights: £12.00ph & £16.00 after 8hrs
LTD Monday to Friday Nights: £13.00ph & £17.00 after 8hrs
Please call Pertemps Sheffield and ask for Becky or Matt in the Driving Division