Please use the search to find another job.
Category Delivery Lead
- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: £44934 - £53781 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 16/09/2020
Negotiable salary depending on experience
£44,934 - £53,781 P/A.
Purpose of Job
The post will be responsible for the delivery of a portfolio of Commercial and Procurement projects. These may be cross-category, cross-Directorates and/or working with partner organisations and will relate to commercial excellence and procurement activities. The Category Delivery Leads will support the delivery team members to deliver high quality, compliant and timely projects that demonstrate value for money. They will also take responsibility for the delivery of complex and strategic projects.
MAJOR TASKS/JOB ACTIVITIES
- Delivery of complex and strategic commercial/procurement projects
- Operational Management of delivery team members and associated projects.
- Align activities to the objectives of the Commercial Excellence programme
- Collate and present performance and progress updates for fortnightly pipeline review meetings for their projects and their operational portfolio
- Actively contribute to the development of category plans covering commodities within their area of responsibility and/or expertise
- Review and plan for expiring contracts and waivers on a monthly basis.
- Engagement with key stakeholders.
- Planning, prioritisation and project management
- Delivery of projects assigned to the potholder
- Strategic project engagement and management
- Contract handover process on completion of each procurement project, including identification of risk, issues and mitigation strategies, to ensure all savings and benefits are realised
- Implementation and application of new policies.
- Ensure sourcing & procurement projects comply with Contract Standing Orders, Procurement Handbook and Committee procedures and requirements.
- Leading on organisational change through the Procurement Reform
Qualifications, training & professional membership
A relevant degree or an equivalent procurement professional qualification.
Relevant or significant Procurement and Commercial experience and demonstrated competence may be taken into account in place of formal qualifications. - Essential
The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of the following experience, knowledge, skills and understanding. Evidence will be sought for selection purposes.
- Strategic procurement experience in leading and developing commodity or less complex category strategy and implementation at local sector level. – Essential
- Understanding of political and local government framework Deep and current market insight, including current trends and needs. – Essential
- Able to analyse and use data including market research, spend analysis, market options – Essential
- Effective Project planning – Essential
- Public Sector Procurement Delivery – Essential
- Compliance with regulations and legislation affecting Procurement – Essential
- Promotion of sustainability, equalities, and delivery of community benefits through Procurement – Essential
- Experience in the provision of policy advice in relation to Procurement and commercial outcomes Procurement – Essential
- Experience of housing/construction related procurement – Essential
For more information please send your CV directly to email@example.com