Please use the search to find another job.
- Location: Market Rasen
- Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 19/05/2018
As a HGV Technician you will be responsible for the workshop and the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of our clients vehicles.
This is a great opportunity if you want to make the position your own and work with our client doing a job that you are passionate about.
What are your responsibilities as an HGV Technician:
- Carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with the clients policies and procedures
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with Company and legislative requirements
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Provide on the job training for other Technicians/Trainees as required
- Reduce non-scheduled work and vehicle visits to the location between Preventative Maintenance Ensure shift workload is completed to the required standards
- Ensure the planned workload is completed
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining heavy goods vehicles
- Good understanding of current ADR, DVSA & FTA regulations & requirements
- Evidence of previous performance in which strong technical and practical engineering skills
- Good understanding of commercial aspects of vehicle maintenance activities
- Holder of a current HGV Cat C+E licence would be preferred
- A dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending desire to learn, improve & contribute
Company & Employee Benefits:
- 20 Days Holiday
- Contribution to Pension
Interviews for this role are to take place immediately, with an immediate start for the right calibre of candidate/sIf you have worked with Class 1, Class 2, HGV 1, HGV 2, HGV, Heavy Goods Vehicle, Agricultural, mechanical, electrical engineering, Commercial Technician or similar then this could be an ideal role for you.
This role is ideal for candidates residing in Market Rasen, Louth, Lincoln, Wragby, Horncastle, Immingham, Grimsby, Woodhall Spa, Boston, Mablethorpe, Gainsborough, Brigg, Manby, Caistor, Skegness & other areas close to these.