Please use the search to find another job.
- Location: Abingdon
- Salary: £8.60 - £10.60 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 02/01/2018
As a Driver's Mate you will be responsible for travelling with a driver assisting with the delivery, installation and recovery of equipment throughout the UK. For this reason, nights out will be required on a regular basis.
Monday to Friday, 06:00am start.
Saturday work may be required.
£8.60 per hour for the first eight hours per day.
Hourly rate increases for all hours worked over 8 per day.
Overnight allowances for each night out.
- Assist the driver in the delivery, installation and recovery of equipment throughout the UK.
- Cleaning the equipment using mechanised plant wash.
- Ensuring cleanliness and maintenance of the vehicle with the driver.
- Regular nights out will be required where you will be sharing a double sleeper cab with the driver.
- Carrying out repairs to damaged equipment.
As the ideal Driver's Mate you will:
- Have a high level of personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Be able to work under instruction as well as independently, using your own initiative.
- Be able to understand and adhere to strict health and safety practices.
- Willing to adapt and learn new skills.
- Be flexible towards working hours as nights out will be required and likely to be on a regular basis.
- You must have good communication skills.
This role as a Driver's Mate is initially on an ongoing, full-time hours basis. However, for the right candidate with the right attitude and skill sets there could be opportunity's in the future to become a permanent full-time employee of the client.
There are multiple Driver's Mate vacancy's to start in the newfor this client.
If you are interested in this role as a Driver's Mate please submit your up to date CV, ensuring all contact information is included.