HGV Class 2 Drivers
- Location: Witney
- Salary: £10.50 - £12.50 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 13/11/2018
Our client is looking to recruit an additional three HGV Class 2 drivers due to fleet expansion.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out responsibilities as the driver of the company vehicle, ensuring that load's are safely and efficiently transported from collection to delivery. As the HGV Class 2 driver you will be required to undertake packing, loading and unloading in addition to the driving duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To operate the HGV Class 2 vehicle in a safe and reliable manner
- To operate other smaller category vehicles as and when required in a safe and reliable manner
- To be responsible at all times for the vehicles and its load
- Undertake daily vehicle inspections, safety and routine maintenance checks
- To report any defects to the transport manager
- To carry out work safely in accordance with company procedures
- To ensure that vehicle loads comply with the requirements of the road traffic legislation and the defines operating limits of the vehicle
- To maintain the vehicle to ensure that any damage is reported for repair to ensure it remains safe for use
- To complete all vehicle and job specific paperwork as required
- To supervise and guide porters on each job assignment
- To be the point of contact for clients at each job assignment
- To pack, unpack and load the vehicle.
- To ensure compliance of oneself with the health and safety at work act 1974
- To carry out on occasion when business requirements arise (1/2 times per month)
The working hours for the HGV Class 2 role are Monday to Friday 07:30am-17:30pm, however flexibility is paramount due to the nature of the business. Weekend working and occasional nights out will be required when requested.
Manual handling is heavily involved in this job role, however you will always be with a team of porters to carry out work assignments.
The rate of pay for this position is £10.50 per hour plus enhances overtime rates whilst working via Pertemps then rises to £11.00 per hour when taken onto a full time contract with the company.
Overnight allowances will be paid directly by the company.
To be considered for this HGV Class 2 position you must not have any more than 6 penalty points on your licence.
Please submit your CV to apply.