Class 2 Driver
- Location: Witney
- Salary: £10.50 - £12.50 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 06/12/2018
Our client is looking to offer a full time HGV Category C (Class 2) Temporary to Permanent position.
Hourly rate via Pertemps £10.50 + enhanced overtime rates of pay.
The working hours will be Monday to Friday 05:00am start time, however you will need to be flexible on finish times due to business requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all deliveries to customers within the given timescales.
- Complete all daily vehicle checks and follow the correct defect reporting procedures.
- To complete documentation accurately and clearly.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and economical manner at all times ensuring that it is maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- Effectively communicate problems and delays to all relevant parties.
- Safely loading and unloading whilst complying with the correct procedure for given location.
- Maintain a full knowledge of the Highway Code, Working Time Directive, EU Drivers Hours Regulations and vehicle operations.
- To work within other areas /departments within the company as requested by Management from time to time.
- To ensure all Personnel procedures are adhered to and completed as required.
- To maintain a positive and caring attitude towards customers whilst delivering to their premises.
To be considered for this LGV C (Class 2) vacancy you will need the following:
- Full DVLA issued driving licence with LGV C (Class 2) entitlement
- Drivers qualification card
- Digital tachograph card
- A good knowledge of drivers hours legislation and working time regulations.
- No DD/DR/IN or TT endorsements
- Good customer facing skills / polite and friendly manner.
- To ensure all Legal Health and Safety legislation and Operational procedures are adhered to at all times and to work within Health and Safety Guidelines at all times ensuring the safety of self and others.