HGV Class 1 Night Shunter
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £13.75 per annum
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 07/12/2018
The working hours for the HGV Class 1 role are starting at 16:00pm each day and carrying out 12 hour night shifts Monday to Friday, there will be Saturdays required throughout the year starting in February / March and is also a four week shutdown in April.
The rate of pay for this position is £13.75 per hour plus enhanced overtime rates whilst working via Pertemps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out vehicle / trailer inspections and report any defects.
- Any defects found to be reported to the operational team immediately and a decision will be made on its condition of road worthiness.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed and provided to the transport office.
- The safety of yourself and other road users.
- Taking vehicles from site to the clients' premises which includes driving on public roads (short distance)
To apply for this position you must have:
- DVLA issues HGV Class 1 (C+E) entitlement
- Proven shunting experience with a previous employer
- Driver Qualification Card (DCPC)
- Digital Tachograph Card
- Good understanding of the Working Time Directive and Drivers Hours Regulations
For more information and to apply please submit your CV or call Pertemps in Didcot.