Please use the search to find another job.
HGV Class 2 Drivers
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £26600 - £33250 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 14/01/2019
The shift patterns for the HGV Class 2 roles are four on four off (Days), four on four off (Mixture of Days & Nights), four on three off (Fixed Shifts) and night shifts. These are based on 44 hour weeks, with overtime and extra shifts available. You will need to have a flexible approach to working additional hours if needed to support with cover for events.
You will receive a salary of up to £33,250 per annum including allowances and overtime, depending on the shifts you are able to work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and compliant vehicle.
- Drive and operate heavy goods vehicles, secure parking of your vehicle, complete and record pre and post vehicle checks in line with legislative and company specific requirements.
- Record and manage vehicle defects through to repairs completed.
- Ensure you are competent to use any vehicle prior to taking, using or operating it, through the completion of appropriate training.
- Be in charge of the safe and secure loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Comply with transport legislation, including drivers' hours regulations and Working Time Directive in line with the 'O' licence legislation and company procedures.
- Deliver all duties in line with agreed service levels.
- Undertake periodic driver assessments and relevant refresher training.
To apply for this position you must have:
- Full DVLA issued driving licence with HGV Class 2 (LGV C) entitlement
- Drivers qualification card
- Digital tachograph card
- A good knowledge of drivers hours legislation and working time regulations
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No DR or IN endorsements
- Experience of Water Tankers, Flat beds and curtain-siders is required
For more information and to apply please submit your CV or call Pertemps in Didcot.