- Location: Huntingdon
- Salary: £17000 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 10/08/2017
Type of role: 12 month Temporary contract (possibility of going permanent)
Salary: £17,000 plus excellent benefits and career progression
Hours: 37.5 hours per week 8-4pm Mo-Fri wk 1, 10-6pm Tues-Sat wk 2(overtime on an enhanced rate)
NRS Healthcare are a market leading and award winning manufacturer, distributor and service provider of daily living aids and rehabilitation equipment. NRS Healthcare delivers services on behalf of NHS trusts and local authorities across the UK with an annual turnover in excess of £140 million.
We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a team that care and take pride in delivering exceptional customer service to our clients in the community.
Temporary Driver Technician duties include but not limited to:
• Driving safely and efficiently to undertake required activities
• Communication of any perceived safeguarding issues with clients back to the service centre
• Loading/checking the correct equipment on to a dedicated vehicle.
• Delivery and collection of the correct equipment to service users
• Understanding and demonstrating the correct functionality and safe installation of items or repair and replace and damaged or faulty stock item
• Appropriate use of IT, including company scanners in accordance with company processes
• Appropriate processing of all paperwork.
• Vehicle maintenance, including safety checks
• Correct PPE and compliance to infection control processes
• On-Call on a rota basis with an enhanced allowance during this period
Temporary Driver Technician Keys Skills and competencies include:
• Demonstrably safe driving
• Empathy and Resilience in what can be quite challenging situations
• Good written and verbal communications
• IT literate
• Physically capable due to the nature of the work as involve lifting heavy items
• Attention to detail
• Self motivated, able to work alone
• Good team player
• Practical DIY skills required for installation work though full training will be given
• Being able to take written and verbal instruction
• Conflict management
In return we offer:
• A competitive salary
• 33 days annual holiday inclusive of bank holidays(rising 1 day per year after 3 years to a maximum of 38 days)
• Use of a company van to and from work and a Work Mobile Phone
• Comprehensive sick pay scheme
• Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
• Exclusive employee discounts, savings and competitions
• Bike to work scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Free Parking
• Employee Assistance programme
This position will be subject to an enhanced Disclosures and Barring Service check (DBS).
In order to be considered for this role, you are required to have a reasonable level of driving experience including sufficient experience of driving a 3.5 tonne vehicle or similar to ensure you will be accepted onto the Company fleet insurance policy. The Company therefore requests a minimum of 3 years driving experience in the same or similar vehicle.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Temporary Driver Technician role and are looking for a new challenge but one with a difference, then please send a cv and covering letter explaining why you should be considered for the position.