Please use the search to find another job.
Model Team Leader
- Location: Oundle
- Salary: £35000 - £39000 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 17/10/2018
Salary – 39k DOE
Our client who produce a premium product are recruiting for a Model Team Leader to join them on a permanent basis.
• Lead a Current Model team in order to deliver model year facelift programmes, product improvement tasks, warranty improvement and production build support.
• Evaluate, manage and deliver model year facelift programmes on time and to budget.
• Manage production of both drawings and specification documents to allow quotation, purchase and manufacture of components.
• Attend regular meetings to update on the current status of projects.
• Liaise with both the internal purchasing team, external suppliers and the production teams across the business.
• Output design drawings and CAD assemblies where appropriate to support the team.
• Attend and actively participate in supplier meetings and visits.
• Report KPI's
• A confident manner. You should be able to discuss projects in a considered way, have a good understanding of what can and can't be done within the limitations of a production build.
• Creativity: Ideas will need to be generated for upcoming model year facelift proposals, with input from the Design team, in the form of 3D CAD models, sketches, and General Arrangement drawings with the support of the team.
• Good leadership qualities: As the team leader you must ensure that your team is managed effectively, to maintain the completion of work, in line with the Fairline Yachts build schedule.
• Adaptable and able to work on several projects at once, within short timescales
• A "can do" attitude with a willingness to learn combined with strong team working skills.
• Good written, numerical and verbal communication skills
• Experience in using 3D CAD software. We use Siemens NX (training can be provided for the right candidate)
• Experience in the marine industry in a similar role is preferable.
• Previous experience in a design biased Design Engineer role would be beneficial.
Please click apply now,