- Location: Cirencester
- Salary: £35000 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 24/11/2017
- 25 days holiday (Plus Statutory)
- Bonus Scheme
- Cash Health Scheme
- Salary of £35,000 plus (DOE)
- Gym Membership Contribution
- Death in Service
- Competitive Pension Plan
As a Design Engineer, your day-to-day duties will consist of:
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings, including BOM (Billing of Materials), material specifications etc.
- Working with the Design Team to resolve product related queries in terms of dimensions, general manufacturing and customer requirements.
- Checking/Approving drawings and designs.
- Preparing costings/quotations for new designs and dealing with necessary administration that follows.
- Performing standard calculations for Mechanical Components such as Keyways, Bearings, Springs, Stress and Torsional Strictness.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, e.g. sales, customer service, marketing etc.
In order to be considered for this new and exciting position, you must possess the following skills/experience:
- Previous Design Engineering experience, ideally within the Power Transmission sector. For example, couplings, clutches, torque limiters, gearboxes, electric motors etc.
- Power Transmission application knowledge, for example mining, energy, steel, automation, process plant etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Commercial Knowledge and Awareness.
If you are interested in the role of Design Engineer, please send your CV to Pertemps Swindon by clicking apply below.