Please use the search to find another job.
HGV1 (C+E) Drivers
- Location: Bicester
- Salary: £11.73 - £13.73 per hour
- Job Type: Contract
- Date Posted: 18/05/2018
This is an excellent opportunity for drivers who are looking for ongoing regular work on a contract that is busy all year round, offering set routes and start times. Due to the nature of the contract there is no heavy lifting or handballing involved within the work, making it an ideal position for drivers who like to know in advance the work they will be doing.
As a HGV 1 C+E Driver your duties will include:
- Transporting goods to high security sites throughout the UK.
- Runs to include either trunking 1-2 drops, multidrop 2-4 drops, or internal deliveries - all loaded and unloaded by FLT.
- Working with a variety of trailers including flatbed, boxes & curtain siders.
To be a successful HGV 1 C+E Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Held a HGV 1 licence for over 2 years, with a minimum of 180 days driving experience, for insurance purposes.
- Less than 6 points on your licence, for insurance purposes.
- A Disclosure Scotland and security passes prior to working on site, which is fully funded by Pertemps and the end client.
- ADR certification (we are able to provide free training to obtain certification but you must be prepared to attend).
The company has a variety of shift patterns dependant on your situation:
- Core Drivers - Working Monday to Friday on an ongoing basis.
- Optional weekend overtime available.
- Ad-Hoc - Working set 1-3 days per week (these can be the same days or vary).
- Holiday & Sickness Cover - Providing last minute holiday and sickness cover for existing workers.
You will be working Monday - Friday with start times ranging from 0400 - 0900, the average run is 8-10 hours in duration. Due to the nature of the contract the company is able to accommodate preferences to start times and length of run required.
In return the HGV 1 C+E Driver will receive:
After over 50 years of experience in the driving and logistics arena, we work with drivers of all levels of experience and qualifications. By taking the time to get to know you, we not only find the perfect job to suit your skill set, but we find jobs that are tailored to suit your lifestyle - and that's why we have a reputation of keeping our candidates happy!
- Excellent rates paid accurately and on time.
- Online Payslips.
- Holiday pay & Pension.
- Different payment models.
- Access to our Pertemps Driving Academy who provide license acquisition, training, assessments, CPC, Refresher courses and many more to our network of drivers. Many of these options are provided free of charge.
Rates of pay:
PAYE: £11.73ph (Day Rate) £14.08ph (Night Rate) £17.60ph (Sat Rate) £19.09ph (Sun Rate)
Self Employed: £13.73ph (Day Rate) £16.08ph (Night Rate) £19.60ph (Sat Rate) £21.09ph (Sun Rate)
Immediate interview available with a view to ongoing work.