HGV1 (Cat C+E) Drivers
- Location: Bicester
- Salary: £11.73 - £25.46 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 09/01/2019
This is an excellent opportunity for HGV 1 C+E Drivers who are looking for ongoing regular work on a contract that is busy all year round, offering set routes and start times. Due to the nature of the contract there is no heavy lifting or handballing involved within the work.
You will be working as a HGV1 (C+E) Driver for a military site based in Bicester, your role will be to transport hazardous goods to Army, Navy and Airforce bases around the UK.
- Driving a variety of vehicles from flatbeds to boxed curtain siders.
- Working Monday - Friday with start times ranging from 0430 – 0730
- Night runs also available.
- Average run is 8-13 hours in duration.
- Trunking 1-2 Drops, Multidrop 2-4 Drops, Internal routes & Shunting.
- No lifting or handball required.
- Regular deliveries and runs.
As this is a high profile site, with set weekly requirements, we are only interested in drivers who are able to commit to long term ongoing work. We have a variety of shift patterns to suit all drivers dependent on your situation:
- Core Drivers - Working Monday to Friday on an ongoing basis.
- Ad-Hoc - Working set 1-3 days per week (these can be the same days or vary).
- Holiday & Sickness Cover - Providing last minute holiday and sickness cover for existing drivers.
Due to the nature of the contract, you will be required to undertake and pass a series of security measures to include Disclosure Scotland, SC Clearance and a Driving Assessment & Knowledge Test. You must also be able to provide three years referenceable employment history (explaining any gaps), and 5 years address history.
Rates of Pay
PAYE: £11.73ph (Day Rate) £14.08ph (Night Rate) £17.60ph (Sat Rate) £23.46ph (Sun Rate)
£14.32ph (Day OT) £17.50ph (Night OT) £19.09 (Sat OT)
LTD: £13.73ph (Day Rate) £16.08ph (Night Rate) £19.60ph (Sat Rate) £25.46ph (Sun Rate)
£16.32ph (Day OT) £19.50 (Night OT) £21.09 (Sat OT)
- Held a HGV 1 licence for over 2 years, with a minimum of 180 days driving experience, for insurance purposes.
- Less than 6 points on your licence, for insurance purposes.
- A Disclosure Scotland and security passes prior to working on site, which is fully funded by Pertemps and the end client.
- ADR certification (we are able to provide free training to obtain certification but you must be prepared to attend).
In return the HGV 1 C+E Driver will receive:
Pertemps believes in developing its driving team and can assist with HGV license acquisition, HGV training, CPC Courses & ADR acquisition, at no cost to you providing you stay and work for the contract for two years.
We have over 50 years of experience in the driving and logistics arena, we work with drivers of all levels of experience and qualifications. By taking the time to get to know you, we not only find the perfect job to suit your skill set, but we find jobs that are tailored to suit your lifestyle - and that's why we have a reputation of keeping our candidates happy!
In return, we can offer you:
- Excellent rates paid accurately and on time.
- Online Payslips.
- Holiday pay & Pension.
- Different payment models.
- Access to our Pertemps Driving Academy who provide license acquisition, training, assessments, CPC, Refresher courses and many more to our network of drivers. Many of these options are provided free of charge.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for this extremely prestigious contract. Immediate interview available with a view to ongoing work. PAYE and Self-employed drivers are both welcome to apply.