Van Driver/Drivers Mate
- Location: Tring
- Salary: £9.5 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 31/08/2021
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to progress their career as a driver with a company who believes in training and developing its staff.
Our client is looking to recruit an individual at entry level to work initially as a Drivers Mate/Van Driver. The client will be looking to up-skill your license to HGV2 in the future and train and progress you through the business.
Your role will be to provide a multidrop delivery service to a customer base throughout the south/south east/London areas as either a Drivers mate alongside a HGV Driver or a Van Driver.
When working as a van driver you will be doing an average of 5-6 drops per day. This includes delivering in London and therefore you MUST be comfortable and hold experience driving and delivering within London. The role also involves handball and heavy lifting.
When working as a Drivers Mate you will be working alongside a HGV Driver with approximately 6-8 drops per day. Again this involves handball and heavy lifting
- Start Time: 04:00
- Shift Length: Approx. 10 hours daily.
- Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday/Monday - Saturday (rotating)
- Salary: £24 - £26K pa
- Have some previous Van Driving Experience.
- Have less than 3 points on your license.
- Be capable of handball and heavy lifting.
- Be looking to progress a driving career.
- Looking for a longer term permanent position.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01908 208500