- Location: Droitwich
- Salary: £26000 - £28600 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 17/03/2020
£26,000 rising to £28,600 per annum * after successful completion of probation
About our client
Our client a successful logistics and distribution company based in Droitwich is seeking an experienced Driver Trainer to join their company on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the learning, development and delivery of training (predominately) driver training.
Commutable distances to Droitwich, include, Worcester, Kidderminster, Redditch, Bromsgrove, Stourport and the surrounding areas.
- Assist in achieving full legal compliance with the Operator's Licence, Health & Safety and Driver Hour Regulations
- Design, develop and deliver effective driver induction and training programmes and regularly monitor and review accordingly and ensure Statutory Training requirements are met.
- Implementing appropriate courses including tachograph, manual handling, fuel management, defensive driving and safety training.
- Classroom presentation on Highway Code, Drivers Hours, Safe Loading (Steel) Health & Safety and working time directive rules and regulations
- To design and implement training and development programmes as appropriate to improve operational efficiency.
- Produce training materials for in-house courses and manage the delivery of training and development programmes
- Give consideration to costings of such planned programmes and keep within budgets as assessing the return on investment
- Keep up to date with developments in training, i.e. reading relevant journals, going to meeting sand attending relevant courses
- Reviewing data from the in cab telematics and tachograph analysis systems including driver hour infringements, MPG, Idling, Harsh Braking/acceleration and agreeing a corrective training plan.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following behavioural competencies:
- Logical Thinking
- Concern for standards
- Sense of Responsibility
- Self- Management
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Customer Focus
The successful candidate will
- Proven experience in a similar role
- MUST be able to work a variety of different shift patterns
- Have proven experience in the ability to prepare effective written and visual teaching materials
- Full UK HGV Driving Licence
- Hold driver Training and Assessment related qualifications (RTITB, RHA, SAFED and/or equivalent)
- Train the Trainer Qualification/Assessor Qualifications
- JAUPT approved training assessor
- CPC Qualification
- Ability to influence and being able to communicate at all levels
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external
- Ability to maintain high standards whilst working under pressure
- Team player with a flexible can-do attitude
What's on offer?
- Permanent Position
- £26,000 Per annum, rising to £28,6000 per annum after successful completion of probation
- Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday (The successful candidate will need to be flexible to carry out training for drivers who work various shift patterns)
- Holiday: 28-days which includes the Statutory Bank Holidays
- Nest Pension Scheme
- Company Workwear
- Great Culture and working environment
How To Apply:
If you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for then please click to apply!
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available - please visit