FLT Counterbalance ASAP
- Location: Castle Donington
- Salary: £8.79 - £12.1 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 22/05/2019
Call and register with Pertemps now so you will not miss great job opportunity!
TEMP TO PERM OPTIONS AVAILABLE!
0600-1430 Monday to Friday
1400-2230 Monday to Friday
2200-0630 Monday to Friday
Weekends Friday to Monday 0600-1800
Due to location, OWN TRANSPORT IS ESSENTIAL
- loading and unloading vehicles using a counter balance truck.
- Using truck mounted terminal and hand held scanner to check consignments during goods in, storage and loading processes.
- Checking for and reporting all damages,
- gaining maximum load fill without creating damage and following rules relating do the loading and storage of dangerous goods.
- We have a variety of shifts available, ideally we are looking for operative who can work weekend shifts but Monday to Friday shifts are available.
- There will be a need to work additional hours / shifts during peak periods
- Responsibly operate a counter balance fork lift truck to move, stack and rearrange freight in the warehouse
- Ensure that every piece of freight which is being loaded or unloaded is scanned correctly,
- Take instruction from supervisors in the form of manifests processed by our internal departments.
- Liaise with a warehouse supervisor if any freight is found to be unsafe to move.
- Ensure that trailer/vans are swept, clean, tidy and in good repair
- When requested, carry out tasks in other departments, working in an efficient and effective manners
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Valid Counterbalance Forklift Licence and previous experience required.
- Experience of using dock levellers to aid loading and unloading of trucks from the rear doors is essential.
- To understand and adhere to company health and safety policy at all times ensuring
the safety of yourself and your colleagues.
- Flexibility to tasks and hours as required by the operation.
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Experience of working to agreed targets.
Reliable and committed to attending work on time.
Please click to apply and we will get back to you.