Please use the search to find another job.
Van Driver TEMP TO PERM
- Location: Avonmouth
- Salary: £10 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 30/04/2021
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced drivers who are looking for the security of a permanent position. You will be play a vital role in supporting the business to deliver world-class service and time-critical parcels to their customers.
Successful candidates will play an integral part in the efficient running of day to day operations and will work closely with an experienced operations team who will proactively support them to manage a busy multi-drop schedule.
You will upload your daily deliveries onto one of the modern 3.5 tonne transit vans, using their route guidance software you will be efficiently navigated around your allotted route.
Customers will rely on you to deliver their promises, therefore, the client will rely on you to ensure each parcel reaches its desired destination, on time, in perfect condition and with a big smile too. And, let’s not forget you will have the prestige of representing one of the UK’s largest and most recognised Distribution brands.
The role is Monday to Friday with a start time of circa 0700. A typical day will consist of 30-60 deliveries. The pay rate is £10 per hour with an 8 hour guarantee daily.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Scan all goods on and off your vehicle and ensure all deliveries are accurately recorded
• Check the quality of packed orders
• Manually unload and upload parcels for delivery
• Make sure the vehicle is loaded safely and within the legislation
• Ensure parcels are delivered to residential and commercial customers safely, efficiently and on time
• Ensure security of the vehicle and goods contained during transit
• Complete all documentation as per company procedure
• Keep the warehouse safe, clean and tidy
• Adhere to company procedures and policies
WHAT YOU NEED
• Full UK Drivers Licence (No more than 6 points)
• No previous disqualifications for NI, DD or DR
• Familiarity with most of the streets and commercial addresses
• Physically fit to meet the demands of a multi-drop driving role
• Hardworking, positive and a flexible attitude to work
HOW WE WILL REWARD YOU
In addition to a competitive remuneration package and company benefits, when you become a permanent employee, we provide ongoing development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
• 31 Days Annual Leave (Plus, 2 Fixed)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Cycle To Work Scheme
• Life Cover
• Eye Care
To find out more about this role, please apply online or call Pertemps Bristol Driving division and speak to Abby Morris or James Hillyer