18t Class 2 LGV HGV Drivers
- Location: Bedfordshire
- Salary: £16 - £24 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 05/01/2022
The start times are between 5am-8am, Monday to Friday, with the routes between 8 and 12 hours.
Pay Rates: £16 per hour, with daily overtime over 8 hours paid at £24 per hour
You will deliver white goods to the customer’s sites, mainly retail establishments. Your vehicle will be pre-loaded and you unload the product upon arrival with the aid of a tail lift and sack-barrow.
You will have responsibility for:
- 12-14 drops per day of white goods; some returns/collections
- Unloading and occasional loading of returned white goods
- Some routes in and around London
- Operating and being accountable for the handheld device used daily to record fuel, deliveries times and delivery notes
- Carrying out a daily check on the vehicle, equipment and load for which you have responsibility and reporting any defects
- Ensuring that the vehicle weights are legally compliant
You will need to have:
- Valid Class 2 driving licence, category C, held for a minimum of two years with commercial driving experience
- Full CPC training and card
- Digital Tacho Card
- Working knowledge of digital tachos, WTD and Drivers Hours legislation
- Good communication skills with a strong customer focus
- No more than 3 points on your licence; No DD, DR, IN or CU endorsements
- Must be 23 years old and over
Working as part of a friendly team on their Marston Gate site on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, the opportunity is available immediately with the possibility of it becoming a permanent role. The permanent package includes the renewal of your CPC Training once it expires.
Please call Wendy on 07484 513841 to discuss this opportunity and apply for the role.
Please note that this position is offered through the Pertemps On-site team. Do not call the local Pertemps branch in order to apply.