Please use the search to find another job.
HGV Class 1 Driver
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £17.63 - £20.71 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 23/09/2021
The shifts on offer for are predominantly Saturday's & Sunday's Start times ranging between 08:00-21:00. We can accomodate to suit all needs and preferences. We can make weekday work available if you are looking for 3 or more shifts.
Your duties as a WEEKEND HGV Class 1 Driver will include:-
- Inter depot trunking to RDCs
- Nationwide trailer swaps
- Delivery of mail by cages across the country
- Working to strict deadlines
- Following pre-determined duty plan
- Notifying the depot of any changes or delays
- Based near the city centre, site is reachable from Aston, Perry Barr, Great Barr, Sutton Coldfield, Erdington, Handsworth, Kingstanding
To be successful for this WEEKEND HGV class 1 Driver role and qualify for insurance purposes you must have the following skills and experience:-
- Have held your C+E licence for 2 years
- CPC card and Digital Tachograph card
- Up to 6 points for minor offenses (No DDs, DRs or CDs)
HGV Class 1 pay rates from day one:
" £17.63 - Standard days (any shift that does not fall into the below)
" £18.51 - Dawn Shift (Start between 02:01 - 04:00)
" £18.09 - Early shift (start between 04:00 - 05:00)
" £17.86 - Early (2) shift (start between 05:00 - 05:30)
" £18.29 - Evenings (Finish times between 20:00 - 21:39)
" £19.02 - Lates (Finish times between 21:40 - 01:59)
" £20.27 - Nights (finish after 02:00)
Overtime after 36 ¼ hours per week at £20.71 per hour
To be considered for this role you must supply work and address history for the previous five years will also need to be included as part of the vetting process for this company. A basic identity check and criminal record check will also need to be completed prior to completing the practical driving assessment.
PLEASE CLICK APPLY!