HGV Class 1 Night Drivers
- Location: Peterborough
- Salary: £13.29 - £20.71 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 07/04/2021
Working for the Royal Mail you will be Trunking to other depots. This is your opportunity to have a real impact, in the heart of your community, whilst working for one of the UK's most well-loved brands.
Royal Mail deliver letters and parcels every day to people throughout the country and are relied on by communities across the UK. We are now looking for HGV Class 1 Delivery Drivers to be a part of this world-class service, supporting the service through the busy times.
Working as a HGV Class 1 the role is set across 7 days per week, we are currently looking for Afternoon HGV Class 1 Drivers from Werrington Peterborough.
Prior to starting you will have a site Induction and assessment.
Night start times from 18:00 – 06:00 .
Afternoon Monday to Friday £13.29 per hour and after 12 weeks this will increase to £20.71 per hour.
Weekend shifts will be at an increase rate.
- HGV Class 1 Driver £13.29 – £20.71 per hour + Holiday Pay
- Parity pay after 12 weeks.
- Both PAYE Umbrella welcomed
- 20 Days plus eight statutory holidays (28 days in total)
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- Hi-vis/polo shirts provided
You must hold:
- Valid in date C&E Driving Licence, CPC and Tacho
- 2 years Driving class 1
- No more than 6 endorsement points (No DR or IN Codes)
The ideal candidate must:
- 5 Year Check-able history
- Provide 2 employment references
- Flexible approach to start times
- Follow Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent verbal and written English and numeracy.
- Excellent time-keeping skills.
- Ability to fill out necessary paperwork efficiently and correctly.
Should you be interested in joining your local Pertemps team to work in this role, or one of a similar nature, then please contact Anthony or Scott on 01162 559 411 or click apply at your earliest convenience. On-line registrations available following initial application stage!