Class 2 Day Driver (Normanton)
- Location: Normanton
- Salary: Holiday Pay, Statuatory Sick Pay & Optional Goverment Pension Scheme
- Job Type: Contract
- Date Posted: 21/05/2021
BONUS: £500 for Drivers who complete 10 weeks successfully however £40 will be deductible for each unauthorised absence within the 10 weeks.
Duties will include:
- 3-4 Drops/Collections a day MAX (If Prison Runs)
- 10-14 Drops a day (If Eatery Outlets)
- Predominantly Pump truck and palletised to the tail lift and down
- Use of Totes & Dollies on various runs.
- A safety first approach to driving and ensuring loads are safely secured.
- Completing daily delivery paperwork and log books.
Immediate starts available providing driving assessments are passed, Monday to Frida (Between 05:00-06:00) may have occasional Saturdays.
Skills & Experience:
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers.
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods.
- Making sure loads are safely secured.
- Following traffic reports and changing your route if necessary.
- Completing delivery paperwork and log books.
- Follow Security rules at Prisons.
- Temperature controlled vehicles
- Preferable Multi-Drop experience
Drivers Skills and experience:
- Hold a Class C licence with a minimum of 6 months class 2 driving experience or attend a Pertemps driver assessment & training course - for insurance purposes;
- A driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points and free of endorsements such as DD's, DR's or IN10s.
The salary is very competitive, the hourly pay rates are:
- Monday to Friday Days: £18.00ph Guaranteed 8hrs
- Saturday Days: £18.00ph Guaranteed 8hrs
Please call Pertemps Sheffield and ask for Becky or Matt in the Driving Division on 01142425653!!!