- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: £10.34 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 24/09/2021
Pertemps Scotland are working with our public sector client to recruit for general labourers to work within a busy vehicle workshop in Edinburgh
Hours of Work: Mon-Fri 36 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £10.34 per hour
Duration: Temporary Ongoing
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of all welfare and workshop areas. Assisting craft operatives when required, steam cleaning vehicles to facilitate repairs. Delivery and collecting vehicles and parts as required
Duties to Include:
- Identifying and discarding appropriate displaced vehicle parts ensuring parts requiring refit are retained
- Assisting Craft workers in their duties also replacing engine oils and filters and lubricating specialist equipment
- The collection and delivery of vehicle parts and consumables. Also for the collection and delivery of vehicles for maintenance purposes
- Steam cleaning vehicles and plant items as required including refuse collection, road sweeping, cars, light vans and various types of plant and equipment.
- Ensure all areas are clean and free of contaminants or debris. This will include toilets, canteens, workshop pits and public and storage areas.
- Driving forklift truck and removing major components from vehicles.
- Manual handling ie. assisting with the removal of heavy and awkward parts.
Driving licence is required for this post with no more than 6 points
Previous labouring or vehicle maintenance experience is desirable
If you feel you are a correct fit for this role and have the relevant skill set please apply via this advert or send your updated CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org