Please use the search to find another job.
Monitor and Response Officers
- Location: Edinburgh
- Salary: £10.34 - £17.28 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 08/10/2021
Pertemps are delighted to be working with our public sector client to recruit for Monitoring and Response Officers on a temporary basis.
Location - Edinburgh
Duration - Rolling 3-month assignment.
Hours of work - Full-time, rota basis covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (average of 36 hours per week) - shifts include early shifts, back shifts and night shifts
Rate of pay - £10.34 per hour (enhanced rates for unsociable hours, night hours and weekends)
Monitoring and Response Officer:
This is an exciting, varied and ultimately fulfilling role for the right person delivering essential 24/7 emergency telecare monitoring and response services to Edinburgh's elderly and most vulnerable people. Membership of the PVG scheme covering adults and children is therefore a requirement for this position.
The successful candidate will initially be partnered in the role of emergency responder progressing, as experience is gained, to emergency call handling and emergency triage responsibilities also. Serving close to 9000 citizens you and your responder partner will contribute high quality mobile emergency assistance typically to those who have fallen, are stuck in situ or may be experiencing mobility challenges and those presenting as unconfirmed or cause for concern.
By its nature, the role entails close working with emergency service colleagues from Scottish Ambulance Service, Fire Service and Police Scotland as well as Health and Social Care partners.
As you undertake your reactive emergency responsibilities you will seek also to signpost appropriate partner services and promote prevention and wellbeing approaches with citizens towards reducing the risk of further falls, injury, hospital admission and isolation.
- Carrying out dynamic risk assessment on all response visits ensuring the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and citizens is always maintained
- Assisting citizens safely from falls drawing on shared best practice techniques and safe deployment of purpose-designed mechanical lifting aids
- As an enabler, providing citizens with accurate and useful information to enhance wellbeing opportunities and improve their experience
- Following training, the recording, processing and communication of essential citizen/intervention information cognisant of data protection policies
- Following training in line with TSA (Telecare Services Association) guidelines, the prioritisation and processing of incoming and outgoing alarm calls within the busy Alarm Receiving Centre environment
- Following training, carrying out emergency telecare repairs and installations ensuring the citizen always remains connected to the service
To be successful in this role, you should ideally possess:
- A good level of standard grade academic attainment as a minimum
- A background in Health and Social Care
- Contact centre or call handling experience
- Full driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Flexibility to work a 24/7 rota
- A good understanding of health and safety
- An empathetic approach to working with Edinburgh's elderly and most vulnerable citizens
- Ability to work under own initiative and within the team environment
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication and literacy
- Good IT knowledge and experience
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- First Aid at Work certification
- Moving and Handling certification
- Working knowledge of telecare equipment
- Awareness of assistive technology within Health and Social Care
- Familiarity with National Health and Social Care standards
Please note for successful applicants full on-the-job, classroom-based and online training will be provided over the term of the initial assignment*. This will include; call monitoring; emergency response; First Aid at Work; Manual Handling of People; mandatory online learning modules.
*Note - Due to ongoing Covid restrictions access to formal classroom-based training continues to be limited. We are actively seeking to schedule the relevant MRO training over the coming months.
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this role, please send your updated CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this advert.