HGV 2 Driver
- Location: Newton Abbot
- Salary: £28000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 01/07/2020
Exeter Pertemps are working with one of the UK's leading companies who are now seeking Class 2 Drivers for their operation in Newton Abbot.
A varied Class 2 driving role working on behalf of their clients across the South West. Always providing an excellent service, this temporary to permanent position will be a mixture of physical and mental work. Your days will fly by! Working as part of a small team it is expected of you to be a positive and active team member supporting their colleagues on a day to day basis. There will also be a responsibility from time to time to be a site supervisor and liaise between customers, the on-site team and the offices. GREAT COMPANY, GREAT PAY and scope for higher levels. Training provided.
Duties to include
- HGV Tanker Class 2 driving
- Loading and unloading
- Jetting and cleaning to a high standard - full training will be given
- May include working in confined spaces and the use of breathing apparatus (full training will be given).
- Regular completion of vehicle checks
- Provide excellent customer service
- Undergo regular training and driving assessments
- Paperwork completed and adhered to
To be successful in this position you will need to bring a true commitment to customers and a desire to provide a first-class service. The following attributes would also be great to have:
- Current and valid driving Licence to cover HGV's (inc Driver CPC)
- Experience driving Class 2 vehicles
- Willingness to work on site in the close vicinity of sewers
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Time management skills and ability to adapt to changing situations
- Customer skills and a positive/professional attitude
- A good team member but also able to work under own initiative and without supervision
- Smartly Presented
- Experience of the waste water industry, driving tankers and/or water jetting would be advantageous.
Working times: 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday, (including evenings, nights and weekends) - You will be rewarded well!
To find out more about this vacancy, please apply on line, or contact Dave Smith at Pertemps Exeter.