- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £24000 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 02/08/2019
Pertemps Bristol is recruiting for a Transport Supervisor for a well-known plumbing, heating and bathroom wholesaler based near Severn Beach.
- £24,000 per annum
- Hours of work - 04:00 - 13:00, Monday to Friday
- Annual Performance related bonus
About the job:
- Managing a team of drivers within a fast pace next day delivery Distribution Centre
- Ensuring that our operational excellence and levels of service and relationships delight our customers every time.
- Planning and reviewing delivery routes to maximise vehicle utilisation and fuel efficiency.
- Coaching and giving feedback to drivers to ensure compliance with current legislation and dealing with infringements promptly.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected and maintained as per the company requirements and in accordance with goods vehicle operator's license.
The successful Administrator will have
- Previous experience in a transport supervisor role with a strong focus on health and safety
- Ability to motivate your team, communicate effectively and improve standards and performance.
- HGV Driver licence with CPC training
- A good understanding of transport legislation and best practice.
- Good computer skills
You will be required to cover the Transport Manager in their absence and the shift will be 08:00 - 17:00
If you would like to speak to us about this Transport Supervisor role, please click apply or contact Gary Burke in our Bristol branch.
Transport Supervisor – Severn Beach – Early shift – Full time.