HGV Class 1 Driver
- Location: Witney
- Salary: £11 - £13 per annum
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 06/06/2019
The company are looking for someone willing to drive all class of vehicles as and when required to cover other runs and occasionally shunting on-site, however you will be paid at the Class 1 rate no matter what type of vehicle you are driving each day.
Essentially this position is to carry out store deliveries, however cover on smaller vehicles will entail some shunting on-site.
This position is a on ongoing position working through Pertemps and is paid on a weekly basis.
Working hours will be based around a 48 hour working week and start times will vary day on day, mostly being early morning starts between 03:00-07:00am
Duties will include:
- Carry out vehicle / trailer inspections and report any defects.
- Manual Handling
- Driving all Category C1, C & C+E in a safe and courteous manner
- Follow company best practices
- Process all relevant paperwork efficiently
- Maintaining regular contact with the transport team
To be considered for this HGV Class 1 position you must:
- Hold HGV Class 1 (C+E) Licence, Digital Tachograph and Driver Qualification Card (CPC)
- Have an excellent understanding of the Working Time Directive and Drivers hours regulations.
- Have good communication skills
- Have a flexible approach to work as start times will vary
- Have a minimum of two years' experience driving a HGV Class 1 (Category C+E) vehicle
To apply for this position please submit your CV along with copies of you driving licence cards and a DVLA check code.