Weekend Class 1 Drivers
- Location: Thatcham
- Salary: £12 - £17 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 25/09/2019
A national company are currently looking for HGV Class 1 Driver to work in Thatcham offering a wide range of shifts on a flexible on-going basis with primarily early AM runs available. The pay rates will include:
Monday to Friday - £13.00
Saturday - £15.50
Sunday - £17.50
Your day to day duties will include:
- Carrying out HGV CLASS 1 store deliveries and trunking work to a major supermarket chain
- Ensuring accurate and timely deliveries to stores and collections from suppliers
- Driving safely and with courtesy when out on the road
- Responsible for vehicle checks before leaving the depot
To be considered for this exciting HGV Class 1 Driver role, you will need the following
- Valid HGV CLASS 1 licence
- No more than 6 points / DD or DR for insurance purposes
- 180 days experience of driving Class 1 vehicles in an employment capacity which will need to be confirmed within a reference for insurance purposes
- Digi card tacho experience
The majority of shifts are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, therefore weekend availability is paramount, be it one day or all four. Limited company drivers are welcome, £1.50 per hour enhanced rates apply.
Our onsite team are friendly and there are excellent facilities on site including a subsidised canteen. Although the contract is temporary we have regular ongoing work. Full induction and training will be provided.
If you are interested in applying for this HGV Class 1 Driver role, please click apply or call James O'Brien at Pertemps in Didcot on 01235-819190.