HGV Class 1 Drivers
- Location: Thame
- Salary: £44821 - £47615 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 15/09/2021
Starting salary of £44,821 rising to £47,615 PA.
Pertemps Didcot have an exciting opportunity for a HGV Class 1 Driver to work for one of the most prestigious Gas companies in the UK with your base location in Thame, Oxfordshire.
Following a successful interview process, driving assessment and driver medical (including D&A test), you will be booked on your ADR training course (Transport of Dangerous Goods).
You will be issued with complete PPE including uniform. The company also offer continuous work related training programmes which in some cases count towards driver CPC modules.
As the HGV Class 1 Driver you will be:
- Delivering product to internal and external customers
- Filling and analysing own tankers and high-pressure trailers
- Carrying out minor repairs to vehicles using minimal tools such as screwdrivers and spanners
- Coupling and uncoupling of motive units/towing vehicles from tankers/trailers
- Taking part in campaigns from time to time to support the Company's service
To apply for this role as a HGV Class 1 Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Able to work as part of a team
- Can interact with internal and external customers
- Have a high level of safety awareness
- Will have possessed the HGV Cat C+E entitlement for a minimum of 3 years
- Have a valid DCPC card
- Have no more than 3 penalty points on your driving licence
- Be able to demonstrate confidence in safe and efficient driving
- Have a good understanding working time and drivers hours legislation
More about the role:
- Immediate start available
- Typically Monday - Friday (Days and Nights required)
- Occasional weekend work by agreement/rota
- Paid breaks
- 33 days paid holiday
- Starting salary of £44,821 rising to £47,615 PA
- Investment by the company in ADR course and ongoing training and development
Further to this, weekends and Bank Holidays are available which incur additional allowances.
You will benefit from in house training and professional development, as well as Occupational Health support including Employee Assistance Programme will be given. Moreover, regular licence and health surveillance checks, excellent pension scheme and excellent reward recognition scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this HGV Class 1 Driver role then please click apply or contact James O'Brien in our Didcot branch.