HGV Class 1 Driver
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £13.35 - £19 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 19/11/2020
T'is the season…..to work with us!
Are you a HGV Driver looking for work over Christmas?
Working right through to the 1st of January 2021?
Well look no further - Santa and his little elves have been filling the shelves of a well known, high end retailer and now, Pertemps Recruitment, are looking for more little helpers in the form of HGV Drivers in Thornbury, BS35 3UT. With a pay rate of up to £19 with very achievable targets, what are you waiting for?
Pertemps are a Times top 100 rated business providing people solutions to our client Gist, one of the most respected providers of logistics solutions to major retailers. We have some excellent opportunities to join an expanding team with superb benefits for the right candidates.
These exciting opportunities require drivers of the highest caliber in terms of presentation and skills. For passing our client's assessment you will be rewarded with excellent pay and working conditions, as well as offering flexible working options and ad hoc days to suit.
As a HGV 1 Driver your duties will include:
- Carrying out store deliveries and trunking work to major supermarket chains - it will be just like Santa delivering the goodies on Christmas day!
- Ensuring accurate and timely deliveries to stores and collections from suppliers - Santa and his elves never let turn up late when delivering their parcels do they?
- Being responsible for vehicle checks before leaving the depot - All elves ensure that the sleigh is ready and equipped to go right?
To be a successful Class 1 Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Valid Class 1 C+E licence
- No more than 6 points - SP only for insurance purposes
- Minimum 24 months' experience of driving Class 1 vehicles - due to insurance purposes.
- Digi card
- Reliable and flexible
Full time, part time and weekend shifts available with AM and PM working and temporary, ongoing work.
In return, the Class 1 Driver will receive a salary of £13.35-£19 per hour.
The benefits you can expect for working with us include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Excellent working conditions
- Subsidised Canteen
- Weekend Premiums
- Flexible Start times to suit your lifestyle
- Christmas and Attendance bonus of up to £7 extra per hour
This position is based at Thornbury.
If you would like to have a chat with us about this role or for more information about working with us please apply below and we will be in contact with you shortly. Alternatively please jingle bell the office on
01454 422013 and ask to speak to Vicky.