Please use the search to find another job.
Class 2 HGV Drivers
- Location: Bedfordshire
- Salary: £11.85 - £17.78 per hour
- Job Type: Temporary
- Date Posted: 12/04/2021
The start times are between 5am-8am, Monday to Friday.
Pay Rates: £11.85 per hour, with daily overtime over 8 hours paid at £17.78
You will need to provide a professional and efficient service in accordance with relevant legislation, transporting and delivering white goods to the customer’s sites, mainly retail establishments. Your vehicle will be pre-loaded and you unload the product upon arrival with the aid of a tail lift and sack-barrow.
You will have responsibility for:
- 12-14 drops per day of white goods; some returns/collections
- Unloading and occasional loading of returned white goods
- Some routes in and around London
- Operating and being accountable for the handheld device used daily to record fuel, deliveries times and delivery notes
- Carrying out a daily check on the vehicle, equipment and load for which you have responsibility and reporting any defects
- Ensuring that the vehicle weights are legally compliant
- Familiarisation of routes to scheduled collection and delivery sites
- Adherence to government regulations/legislations, including Working Time Directive and Drivers Hours
- Weekly providing of a DVLA share-code to the Transport team
- Forging and maintaining an excellent relationship with the client and their customers
- Being aware of the high value of the load you are moving
- Ensuring the load is securely strapped on the vehicle
- Escalation of any discrepancies in goods/paperwork to the Transport team for further instructions
- Reporting any incidents, accidents or non-conformances to the Transport team immediately they occur and also on return to site via the completion of an incident report form
- Maintaining vehicle cleanliness
- Maintaining a smart, professional appearance at all times when representing the company
- Ensuring all scheduled deliveries are completed on a daily basis
Along with a passion for providing excellent customer service, you will need to have:
- Valid Class II driving licence, category C, held for a minimum of two years with commercial driving experience
- Full CPC training and card
- Digital Tacho Card
- Working knowledge of digital tachos, WTD and Drivers Hours legislation
- Good communication skills with a strong customer focus
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- No DD, DR, IN or CU endorsements
- Must be 23 years old and over
Working as part of a friendly team on their Marston Gate site on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, the 18t Driver opportunity is available immediately with the possibility of it becoming a permanent role. The permanent package includes the renewal of your CPC Training once it expires.
You need your own transport to access the site as public transport is very limited.
Please call Wendy on 07484 513841 to discuss this opportunity and apply for the role.
Please note that this position is offered through the Pertemps On-site team. Do not call the local Pertemps branch in order to apply.