Please use the search to find another job.
- Location: Market Harborough
- Salary: £18000 - £22000 per annum
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 03/11/2020
Pertemps are recruiting for a Logistics Assistant for our Market Harborough based client. You will have excellent numeracy and writing skills and the ability to input shipping information to enable the Purchasing and Logistics Department to function efficiently. You will ideally be able to work with accuracy and attention to detail as well as being adept at maintaining database and computer files. The role’s workload will be spread across multiple contracts and subject areas so will require the use of effective time management.
Salary £18000 to £22000 working Monday to Friday. You will need your own transport to access this company.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience of work in a commercial logistics environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of computer skills
- Background in logistics sector desirable but not essential
- Input project related data, particularly shipping information/documents
- Data collection and consolidation
- Maintain records, filing systems, database and computer files relating to the logistics function
- Maintain supplier, customer and project/enquiry files.
- Record delivery schedules and packing specifications from suppliers.
- Processing of supplier invoices, Goods Received Notes (GRN) and associated documentation
- Type correspondence, reports, compile and update Excel spreadsheets and other documents
- Liaise with outside IT support where necessary
- Liaise with shipping and warehouse partners
- Coordination of inbound and outbound cargo and freight
- Monitoring and recording of logistics costs to budget
Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed administration skills
- The ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to compose professional emails and create spreadsheets
- A problem solver
- Planning and organization skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Enthusiastic, highly organized and self-motivated
- Confident telephone manner
- Of a smart disposition
- Hard working
- Friendly and confident
- Able to multitask
Interested? Please click apply.