- Location: Corby
- Salary: £12.00 per hour
- Job Type: Permanent
- Date Posted: 04/11/2020
Pertemps are recruiting for a FLT Production OP to work with our long established client based in Corby, Northamptonshire.
The role of a Production Operative is to work in a factory environment within a team or independently. Within your role, you will be in control of the manufacturing machine process. This involves but is not limited to; filling, mixing, blending batches and packaging tasks ready to be dispatched.
Although this role is predominantly for a Production Operative in a manufacturing environment, it would be a district advantage if you hold a FLT Counterbalance / Pivot Steer certificate.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 06.00-17.00 with Friday, Saturday and Sunday being your rest days.
Paid 40 hours per week with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break.
£12.00p/hr with the flexibility to work overtime in busier periods.
- Operate a variety of mixing and blending equipment.
- Monitor the production process.
- Ensure machinery is cleaned out and refilled correctly.
- Ensure the product is packaged and labelled correctly in time to be dispatched.
- Ensure all raw materials are accurately picked and returned to correct locations and ensure any electronic transactions are accurately completed.
- Store finished goods in the appropriate locations and ensure associated electronic records are accurately completed.
- Safely move goods by hand or by operating an industrial powered truck (forklift).
- Make sure the workshop floor and machinery is kept clean and maintained.
- Make sure the paperwork is completed and stored correctly.
- To comply with all of the company’s policies and procedures to ensure safety, quality and services are met to the required standards.
- Report any discrepancies and machinery breakdowns to the Deputy Production Manager.
- Respond to warning signals and alarms that indicate issues and take all necessary precautions to prevent accident and injuries.
- Ensure that your working area is tidied up with all rubbish removed at the end of the day /each shift.
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers respectfully and effectively.
- Flexible approach to evolving working patterns and to take on extra duties as required.
- Take an active role in root cause analyses exercises
- Take an active role in sitewide improvement initiatives
Interested? Please click apply.